CAREERS - ENGINEER
Role Summary Description
This position is primarily responsible for the design and development of testing procedures and equipment for new and existing products. In addition, the Engineer will work with Engineering and Quality to design production part gauges and fixtures. The Engineer will also work with the Sales, Quality, and Engineering teams to determine product specifications and meet production quality standards.
- Work with Sales, Marketing and Engineering to develop product specification data to meet customer requirements.
- Research industry specific standards for product specifications.
- Develop and implement testing procedures for new and existing products.
- Design product testing equipment with 3D CAD (Solidworks) for production parts for customers.
- Work with Tool Room, Maintenance and Production teams to build testing equipment.
- Support toolmaker activities through hands-on running of CNC and manual equipment to build custom testing equipment when applicable.
- Implement standardized testing procedures.
- Research new designs, materials and processes for improving product capabilities.
- Support new product development.
- Provide hands-on job training to coworkers as needed.
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Triangle ISO 9001 manual.
- Any other assigned duties.
- Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of position relevant experience from similar industry branches.
- Previous experience in a testing lab environment would be considered an asset.
- Relevant knowledge of pneumatics, controls and hydraulics.
- Proficiency in solid modeling with Solidworks and MS Office.
- Previous experience with stampings would be considered an asset.
- Solid knowledge of production, press operation and maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand narrative, graphic, drawing, blueprints and technical materials.
- Ability to operate machinery efficiently and safely.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Delivery of Results – Ability to get the job done, bring in key factor results, close and complete a project.
- Customer Focus– Communicate effectively with the end-user to determine their needs and develop solutions. Responsive to internal customer needs.
- Detail Orientation – Ability to document and maintain detailed records.
- Problem Solving - Effectively identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Initiative - Self-starting and motivated to achieve goals.
- Team player - Consistently acts in accordance with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Quality and Work Standards - Demonstrates a willingness to do what it takes (“nothing is beneath me”) to get the job done right.
- Confidentiality - High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
This position requires personal interaction and collaboration with team members, management and internal customers so opportunities to telecommute will be limited.
In addition to a competitive salary, Triangle Manufacturing offers 401K, Profit Sharing, paid vacation and holidays, health insurance, generous Flexible Spending Account and life insurance.
Are you tired of your job at your big company? Would you like to wear jeans to work every day? Do you like robots? Are you motivated to complete projects and tired of the red tape? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, you may be ready to join Triangle Manufacturing’s Engineering Team.
Learn more about Triangle Manufacturing.