CAREERS - SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Software Engineer – Database and Application Development
Role Summary Description
The Software Engineer will design, develop, deliver and support technological solutions for Triangle Manufacturing. As a member of the Information Technology Team, the Software Engineer will maintain the information technology infrastructure of the organization.
Job Expectations (as a member of the IT Team):
- Within the first three months, understand Triangle’s Business Processes, Manufacturing Software System and Database structure.
- Within the first six months, develop a comprehensive software migration strategy for different modules and performance indicators that can be used to evaluate success.
- Within the first year, customize and deploy new software system modules related Customer Relationship Management, Project Management, Inventory Management, Pricing and Quoting in Odoo.
- Within the first two years, migrate the major functions of Triangle’s Manufacturing Software System to the new platform.
- Within the first year, design and develop tablet apps to input product quality related records during production.
MRP/ERP Platform and Database Migration
- As a member of the IT Team, analyze Project Scope to fully migrate from existing software systems to Odoo Management Software – Python and PostgreSQL based applications.
- Collect and analyze user requirements and implement data structure accordingly.
- Develop a migration strategy and create a timeline and work with internal customers to prioritize business tasks associated with the open/live data and master data.
- Create database standards and uniformity by collaborating with all the departments.
- Test, validate, reconcile and troubleshoot any issues that arise during and after migration.
- Maintain comprehensive and detailed documentation of system architecture.
- Develop internal applications that help improve productivity for internal customers. Responsibility includes design, test, code, maintain and document.
- Applications include tablet apps, web portals, and other software and hardware systems.
- Estimate development effort required to deliver small and large projects and help prioritize them based on Return on Investment.
- Design, enhance and maintain Triangle Manufacturing’s Backoffice systems and servers.
- Perform timely resolution of IT network related problems. Troubleshoot and problem-solve issues related to items like company PCs, conference room equipment, multi-function printers, mobile devices, bar-code label printers and scanners, 3rd party software and internally developed software and hardware systems.
- Provide desktop support as needed with a focus on internal and external customers’ requirements and quality standards.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science
- A minimum of 5 years progressive work experience in software development
- Experience programming, designing and implementing internal software with SQL, C#, .NET, XML, Python, etc.
- Proficiency in web development and design using HTML
- Strong knowledge and experience with PC hardware and software technology, including system administration, shared network resources, internet access and Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Windows Server
- User applications development experience
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- PHP and Python programming experience
- PostgreSQL database experience
- Tablet app development experience
- Odoo development experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Delivery of Results – Ability to get the job done, bring in key factor results, close and complete a project.
- Customer Service – Communicate effectively with the end-user to determine their needs and develop solutions. Responsive to internal customer needs.
- Detail Orientation – Ability to document and maintain detailed records.
- Problem Solving - Effectively identify, analyze, and solve problems.
- Initiative - Self-starting and motivated to achieve goals.
- Team player - Consistently acts in accordance with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Quality and Work Standards - Demonstrates a willingness to do what it takes (“nothing is beneath me”) to get the job done right.
- Confidentiality - High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
This position requires personal interaction and collaboration with team members, management and internal customers so opportunities to telecommute will be limited.
In addition to a competitive salary, Triangle Manufacturing offers 401K, Profit Sharing, paid vacation and holidays, health insurance, generous Flexible Spending Account and life insurance.
Are you tired of your job at your big company? Would you like to wear jeans to work every day? Do you like robots? Are you motivated to complete projects and tired of the red tape? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, you may be ready to join Triangle Manufacturing’s Information Technology Team.
Learn more about Triangle Manufacturing.