HOW TO INSTALL A THRUST BEARING
WHAT IS A THRUST BEARING?
A thrust bearing is a type of rotary bearing. They are like other bearings because they permit rotation between parts, but they are specifically designed to support a high axial load while rotating. view resource
THRUST BEARING COMPONENTS PROVIDED BY TRIANGLE
- 12” and 3” lazy susan turntables (12C and 3C)
- Carriage bolt (length needed depends on thickness of both base and rotating surface)
- Washer (7976)
THRUST BEARING COMPONENTS PROVIDED BY CUSTOMER
- Carriage bolt (size determined by overall depth of: rotating surface, base and the two turntable bearings). The bolt will need clearance underneath the 3C for added nuts
- Locking nut or two nut system
THRUST BEARING KIT COMPONENT DEPTHS
- 12" lazy susan turntable (12C) depth: 0.219"
- 3" lazy susan turntable (3C) depth: 0.313"
- Washer (7976) depth: .060"
BENEFITS OF THRUST BEARINGS
- Impedes the free spin of the parts
- Prevents slide force on tall tops from pulling the bearing apart
- Prevents damage to the 12” bearing during shipping